A composer and cellist, Sean Varah writes modern classical music for traditional instruments and electronics. His works have been performed in Carnegie Hall, the National Arts Center in Ottawa, Canada, and broadcast on NPR and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. MORE
For cello, electronics, and film
- Piano Trio: for piano, violin, and cello. Performed by the Left Coast Ensemble. March, 2016. Recording.
- Slipping Image, for 4 instruments and tape. Performed by Standing Wave at The Cultch in Vancouver, Canada. 2010
- Borderline, for cello and tape. Performed by Tanya Tomkins of the Left Coast Ensemble. Septmber 2014. Video of the rehearsal.
- Stream of Unconsciousness premiered July 16th, 2005 at the Mondavi Arts Center in Davis, California, performed by the Sacramento Youth Symphony's Chamber Music Workship.
- Outside the box, for six instruments, commissioned by the Fromm Foundation at Harvard, was performed May 6th by the ensemble, "ERREUR DE TYPE 27," conducted by Gisèle Ricard. Quebec City, Canada.
- Four Neruda Songs. Anja Strauss, soprano, Rick Vandervier, guitar. San Jose State University Department of Music. April 20th, 2005.
- Borderline, for cello and tape. Performed by Caroline Stinson at the University of Syracuse, New York. April 7, 2006.
- Four Neruda Songs CD, compiled in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda, for soprano and guitar, performed by Canadian soprano, Nikki Einfeld, and Michael Gordon, guitar. Hear a sound clip. Buy the CD at CD Baby, or buy on Amazon MP3,